When fear wraps around your heart.
Fear has a way dissolving our courage. Deep rooted fears can morph our thoughts, alter our energetic bodies, and bring us into a downward spiral of anxiety, sadness, and pain. These underlying fears are part of our human makeup, and we are not alone in these feelings. Many people suffer from fears of many forms:
- Fear of abandonment
- Fear of rejection
- Fear of losing autonomy
- Fear of failure
- Fear of betrayal
- Fear of the unknown
- Fear of disappointing others
This list is not inclusive of all fears we may experience, but many of the above were brought up in this morning's Heart and Soul Workshop: COURAGE.
This morning, 16 women gathered at Desoto Central Market for the COURAGE workshop. We embraced one another while connecting through our heart spaces. All women were open and honest about how they felt fear presented itself within their lives. We are NOT alone in our fear! So often, we feel as though we are standing on an island, but Heart and Soul Workshops proves this is not the case. We are living within the human experience, and fear is part of our growth and our story.
Starting the workshop, we grounded ourselves with a breathing exercise and powerful intentions for the class ahead: I AM COURAGEOUS. I AM BRAVE. I AM FREE.
Following this, all women shared their stories, and the space was open for emotions and authentic connection.
The lesson of the workshop had a few key takeaway points, including insights from many of the women.
The big question: HOW DO I MOVE THROUGH MY FEAR AND INTO COURAGE? See our nuggets below to try for yourself.
- Baby steps. Take one step at a time.
- Create a tribe of women who embrace you and will guide you in finding your courage.
- FEEL your fear. Let yourself embrace where you are at any given moment. Release the resistance.
- Breathe and pause to reflect on what fear is holding you back.
- Develop a plan to take action, one step at a time.
- Release emotions through vibrations - crying, laughing, singing, chanting. Let yourself be cleansed.
- Celebrate your small steps along the way.
- Say no. Give yourself and others boundaries.
- Talk it out.
What fear has been holding you back? Comment below and include how you will move through this fear and into courage.
Photo Credit: Lara Gabrielsen of Exhilaration Photography